Feb 18, 2018, 08:14PM

News

Mature Content Tweak
January 11, 2018
Mature content now depends entirely on the birth date listed in your profile. It will automatically decide if you're above 18 and start displaying mature threads to you. These are highlighted yellow, so you can still avoid them if you'd rather.
New Year, New Theme!
January 5, 2018
Wow it's weird to be typing 2018... anyway, we have a new theme with some fancy stuff, but some of it is still broken. Also the email field for guests appears again, I'll fix it eventually.
Introducing Battle Suite 4.0 RC2
October 24, 2017
We now have a working version of an early write-up of Battle Suite 4.0 available for use. This system completely automates tabletop functions, and is very user-friendly.

Embers // Afterlife Fantasy

Welcome to the first day of your new life. Embers is an afterlife fantasy cyberpunk RPG, running since 2006, first under the name War Chain, and then under the name Tamashii no Chikai, originally as a Bleach RP. Some Bleach influence still remains, but it is all presented differently and features new elements. The recent 2016 reboot under the name Embers follows a very similar standard and focus that War Chain and Tamashii no Chikai did, and we hope Embers will grow into its own free of its fandom ties. Here's to 157,000 more posts!
Mature themes, half the board is gay. Not recommended for bigots or individuals under 16 years of age. You must be 18 or older to gain access to the mature boards.

Staff (2)

Pham Thanh Imperator gian hoa mat khon Last Online Feb 18, 2018, 4:24 pm
dragonborn Regnant The Gay Derpachino Last Online Feb 18, 2018, 6:52 pm

The Rider Council

Cynemaer Eccleston Offline Acid Wolf Moderator // dragonborn It is not the honour you take with you, but the legacy you leave behind. 863 HP 1,082 Years Male Ninth Division Captain Firebrand Flight Member Rider Council First Wing Jeranith Duskrain Mentuemankh
The Rider Council Oct 23, 2016, 04:20PM // 956 Words
Part I: Welcome
"The Rider Council has existed almost as long as Bonding itself. Established by the first Bonded pairing many millennia ago, the Rider Council is a neutral organisation, that does not claim any one nation, kingdom, or empire, and simply seeks to ensure that dragons may continue to bond for many generations to come. As a neutral organisation, we do occasionally step in if a particular case of political tension may threaten outsiders."

Part II: Rules & Expectations
"Our rules are simple; treat others as you would others treat you. We model after Dragon Flights, and consider one another our kin. Our primary goal is supporting one another, while our secondary goal is aiming for a day where war and destruction are things that only exist in stories. A lofty goal, perhaps, but maybe someday."

Part III: Meet the Wings
"I am a relatively patient and fair man. Many have called me variances of Captain Buddha, as there is little in the world that can spark my ire. I am called Cynemaer Eccleston, but I'm not entirely attached to the moniker, only the first name means anything to me. I have little memory of life before becoming a Diablo, small snippets of memory here and there, and I'm not entirely certain where I come from. To me, what matters is where I am now. Similarly, I give little care and pay little mind toward where others came from; what I care about is how they act now, and what they do with what they have, now.

Jeranith had been following me for quite some time as a seeker, and when my mask was broken and I became a Diablo, it wasn't long before I got a Rajin. I did a lot of flailing as a young rider without a mentor, and to some extent, I am driven by a hope that no one else needs to flail as I did to quite the same extent, preferably not at all. I feel, however, that dragons have always fascinated me, and I am rather honoured to have been chosen by one."

Part IV: History & Origins
"As mentioned, the first bonded pair established the Rider Council many many thousands of years ago. The stories tell of how the dragon, whose name has now long been lost to time, came face to face with a Ra'uel. They are not known for being peaceful, rather the opposite, and the dragon panicked, reached out with his bonding tendrils, and through pure happenstance, brushed the Ra'uel's wrist. A glowing emblem was left behind, and, strangely, the two could hear one another think. The Ra'uel found it easier to reason, and through him, those of the Chaos Court were born.

Traditionally, dragons only really bonded to Chaos Kazan, but stray Light Kazan Riders were not unheard of, just uncommon. Nowadays, dragons will bond with anyone to whom they feel drawn, and the Rider Council exists to help preserve the original meaning and sanctity of the bond, as well as help new riders and their dragons become adjusted to the changes, and working with one another in a new way. The Council comes and goes from the histories that have been left behind over the centuries, but typically when the Council moves, it is to prevent a catastrophic war from taking too hard of a toll on an uninvolved party. We exist, mostly, to preserve the balance of power between the races, nations, and organisations in our worlds, and ensure that no single entity can influence or damage another too harshly."

Part V: "Ranks"
"Our rankings are simple, and modelled after the Dragon Flight's system. The bonded sets that have been bonded for the longest are the highest of our order, with the rest arranged by seniority below them. However, we are a democracy in the truest sense of the word, and all bonded sets have an equal amount of say in the goings-on of the organisation, and their opinions and words hold the same weight among us."

Part VI: Responsibilities & Functions
"As we are neutral, we act as a balancing force for other entities. Our primary purpose is to ensure that new riders and their dragons have guidance and a mentor available for them during the learning stages, when their bond is solidifying and they are getting the hang of operating as two instead of just one. Our present area of focus is ensuring that none of the Kazanic groups, races, nations, and factions, come into intense conflict with one another. This does mean occasional intervention in regards to the Asgardian powers and the Kazanic courts."